splits a file name into a list of parts.
Details and Options
- FileNameSplit by default uses pathname separators and other conventions suitable for your operating system.
- FileNameSplit[…,OperatingSystem->"os"] uses the conventions of the specified operating system. Possible choices are "Windows", "MacOSX", and "Unix".
- Absolute file names that begin with a pathname separator yield a list of parts that starts with "".
- Under Windows, the drive or share name is treated as the first part of the file name.
- FileNameSplit just operates on names of files; it does not actually search for the file specified.
- FileNameSplit[File["name"]] is also supported.
- FileNameSplit[URL["file:///path"]] converts a file-based URL to a list of parts.
Introduced in 2008Updated in 2019