prints with the elements of list arranged in a regular array.
Details and Options
- In StandardForm the array is shown enclosed in parentheses.
- MatrixForm prints a single‐level list in a column. It prints a two‐level list in standard matrix form. More deeply nested lists are by default printed with successive dimensions alternating between rows and columns.
- Elements in each column are by default centered.
- MatrixForm prints SparseArray objects like the corresponding ordinary lists. »
- MatrixForm takes the same set of options as TableForm.
- MatrixForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Show the matrix form of a SparseArray:
Generalizations & Extensions (2)
Properties & Relations (5)
MatrixForm formats arrays using standard matrix formatting:
TableForm formats arrays in a tabular form:
Grid formats two-dimensional arrays as a grid:
Use MatrixPlot to visualize the structure of large matrices:
Use ArrayPlot to visualize the structure of large discrete matrices: