prints with the elements of list arranged in an array of rectangular cells.
Details and Options
- The height of each row and the width of each column are determined by the maximum size of an element in the row or column.
- TableForm prints a single‐level list in a column. It prints a two‐level list as a two-dimensional table. More deeply nested lists are by default printed with successive dimensions alternating between rows and columns.
- Arrays in which all sublists at a particular level are not of the same length display as ragged tables. »
- The following options can be given:
TableAlignments Automatic how to align entries in each dimension TableDepth Infinity maximum number of levels to include TableDirections Column whether to arrange dimensions as rows or columns TableHeadings None how to label table entries TableSpacing Automatic how many spaces to put between entries in each dimension
- The typeset form of TableForm[expr] is interpreted the same as expr when used in input. »
- When an input evaluates to TableForm[expr], TableForm does not appear in the output. »
Examplesopen allclose all
Properties & Relations (7)
TableForm formats arrays in a tabular form:
MatrixForm formats arrays using standard matrix formatting:
Grid formats two-dimensional arrays as a grid:
Use MatrixPlot to visualize the structure of large arrays:
Use ArrayPlot to visualize the structure of large discrete arrays:
The typeset form of TableForm[expr] is interpreted the same as expr when used in input:
Possible Issues (1)
Even when an output omits TableForm from the top level, it is not stripped from subexpressions:
The output does not have TableForm in it:
However, the variable e does have TableForm in it, which may affect subsequent evaluations:
The determinant is not evaluated due to the intervening TableForm:
Assign variables first and then apply TableForm to the result to maintain computability:
Wolfram Research (1988), TableForm, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TableForm.html.
Wolfram Language. 1988. "TableForm." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TableForm.html.
Wolfram Language. (1988). TableForm. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/TableForm.html