"Multinormal" (Machine Learning Method)
- Method for LearnDistribution.
- Models the probability density using a multivariate normal (Gaussian) distribution.
Details & Suboptions
- "Multinormal" models the probability density of a numeric space using a multivariate normal distribution as in MultinormalDistribution.
- The probability density for vector is proportional to , where and are learned parameters. If n is the size of the input numeric vector, is an n×n symmetric positive definite matrix called covariance, and is a size-n vector.
- The following options can be given:
"CovarianceType" "Full" type of constraint on the covariance matrix "IntrinsicDimension" Automatic effective dimensionality of the data to assume
- Possible settings for "CovarianceType" include:
"Diagonal" only diagonal elements are learned (the others are set to 0) "Full" all n×n elements are learned "Spherical" only diagonal elements are learned and are set to be equal
- When "CovarianceType""Full" and "IntrinsicDimension"k, with k<n, a linear dimensionality reduction is performed on the data. A full k×k covariance matrix is used to model data in the reduced space (which can be interpreted as the "signal" part), while a spherical covariance matrix is used to model the n-k remaining dimensions (which can be interpreted as the "noise" part).
- The value of "IntrinsicDimension" is ignored when "CovarianceType""Diagonal" or "CovarianceType""Spherical".
- Information[LearnedDistribution[…],"MethodOption"] can be used to extract the values of options chosen by the automation system.
- LearnDistribution[…,FeatureExtractor"Minimal"] can be used to remove most preprocessing and directly access the method.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (3)
Look at the distribution Information:
Use SynthesizeMissingValues to impute missing values using the learned distribution:
Use ComputeUncertainty to obtain the uncertainty on the result:
Increase MaxIterations to improve the estimation precision: