plots the waveform of image.
plots the waveform of image in colorspace.
plots the waveform for the specified channel.
Details and Options
- ImageWaveformPlot is typically used to evaluate and adjust the brightness or colors of an image or frames of a video.
- In an image waveform, the columns corresponds to image columns, the rows correspond to the pixel levels and the intensity of a point corresponds to the count of pixels at that level.
- Use ImageHistogram to compute the histogram of the whole image and use ImageVectorscopePlot to evaluate and adjust hue and saturation.
- The following colorspace specifications can be given:
"RGB" red, green, blue (default) "CMYK" cyan, magenta, yellow, black "HSB" hue, saturation, brightness "XYZ" channels of the CIE color space "LAB" channels of the CIE color space "LCH" channels of the CIE color space "LUV" channels of the CIE color space Automatic channels of the image color space
- The channel specification can be one of the following:
"I" gray-level (intensity) "L" luminance channel of Lab "R","G","B" red, green, blue from RGB "C","M","Y","K" cyan, magenta, yellow, black from CMYK "H","S","V" hue, saturation, brightness (value) from HSB "Average" mean of all channels "A" alpha channel
- For images with some transparency, the alpha channel is used as a weight for the corresponding pixel.
- ImageWaveformPlot has the same options as Graphics, with the following additions and changes:
AspectRatio 1/GoldenRatio the default point in the graphic to align with Frame True whether to put a frame around the plot GridLines Automatic grid lines to draw Masking All the region of interest MaxPlotPoints Automatic the maximum number of samples to show PlotLayout "Overlaid" the layout to be used PlotRange Automatic range of values to include ScalingFunctions Automatic how to scale the level counts
- Possible settings for PlotLayout include:
"Column" waveform of channels in a column "Overlaid" overlaid waveforms of the channels "Row" waveform of channels in a row (RGB parade)
Examplesopen allclose all
Wolfram Research (2020), ImageWaveformPlot, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ImageWaveformPlot.html.
Wolfram Language. 2020. "ImageWaveformPlot." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ImageWaveformPlot.html.
Wolfram Language. (2020). ImageWaveformPlot. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/ImageWaveformPlot.html