represents a network socket connection.
- Both SocketConnect and SocketOpen give SocketObject[…].
- Functions that operate on socket connections specified by SocketObject include Read, Write, ReadString, WriteString, BinaryRead and BinaryWrite.
- Socket connections are closed using Close.
- SocketConnect creates a socket connection from a source address to a destination address.
- SocketOpen opens a socket at a destination address that accepts connections from source addresses.
- Properties of a socket connection can be found using SocketObject[…][prop] or Options[SocketObject[…],prop]. When applicable, options can be set using SetOptions.
- Properties for all connections include:
"SourceIPAddress" the complete source IP address including port as a string "SourcePort" the source port number (as an integer) "DestinationIPAddress" the complete destination IP address including port as a string "DestinationPort" the destination port number (as an integer) "Protocol" the connection protocol used ("TCP", "ZMQ", ...) "UUID" the asociated UUID for the socket
Basic Examples (3)
Introduced in 2015
(10.3)| Updated in 2017