finds a spanning tree of the graph g.
finds a spanning tree of the connected component of g that includes the vertex v.
uses rules vw to specify the graph g.
Details and Options
- FindSpanningTree is also known as minimum spanning tree and spanning forest.
- A spanning tree of a connected graph g is a subgraph of g that is a tree and connects all vertices of g.
- For weighted graphs, FindSpanningTree gives a spanning tree with minimum sum of edge weights.
- For disconnected graphs, FindSpanningTree gives a subgraph that consists of a spanning tree for each of its connected components.
- FindSpanningTree takes the same options as Graph.
- Possible settings for Method include "Prim", "Kruskal", and "MinimumCostArborescence". The default setting of Automatic switches among these methods depending on the graph given.
- FindSpanningTree works with undirected graphs, directed graphs, weighted graphs, and multigraphs.
Introduced in 2014Updated in 2015