creates a temporary interactive interface for capturing an audio signal.
captures an audio signal into file.
Details and Options
- AudioCapture brings up a user interface for recording audio signals from different audio signals.
- Once stopped, AudioCapture returns an Audio object that includes the captured audio signal.
- The file path file can be specified as a string or as a File object.
- AudioCapture places the captured audio under the "WolframAudio" directory in $UserDocumentsDirectory, unless an explicit path is specified by file.
- AudioCapture["Memory"] can be used to capture the audio signal into an in-memory audio object.
- AudioCapture accepts all Audio options, with the following additions and changes:
Appearance Automatic appearance of the generated player AudioInputDevice Automatic audio input device to use for capture CaptureRunning Automatic whether to immediately start the capture MaxDuration Automatic maximum duration for capture OverwriteTarget False whether to overwrite an existing file
- Possible settings for Appearance are "Basic" and "Detailed".
- By default, $DefaultAudioInputDevice is used for acquisition. $AudioInputDevices can be used to find and return all connected audio devices.
Examplesopen all close all
Basic Examples (1)
When done, an Audio object is returned:
Introduced in 2017Updated in 2018