represents an expression expr, with annotation data.
specifies the type of annotation being given.
- Annotation[expr,…] displays in a notebook as expr.
- Annotation acts as an inert wrapper for storing annotations in expressions.
- Annotation can be used with graphics or any other expression.
- With particular "type" specifications, annotations are picked up by various built-in functions:
"Hyperlink" hyperlink for exported image maps etc. "Mouse" annotation for MouseAnnotation "Region" regions for Rasterize, Export, etc. "Tooltip" tooltip specification for Export etc.
- With keyvalue specifications, annotations are associated to items in various objects:
Audio time points and time intervals BoundaryMeshRegion mesh cells Graph vertices and edges MeshRegion mesh cells
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (3)
Basic Uses (5)
Use Rasterize to find the position of the annotated object within the image:
Introduced in 2007
|Updated in 2019