gives the Bessel function of the first kind .
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- satisfies the differential equation .
- BesselJ[n,z] has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z plane running from to .
- FullSimplify and FunctionExpand include transformation rules for BesselJ.
- For certain special arguments, BesselJ automatically evaluates to exact values.
- BesselJ can be evaluated to arbitrary numerical precision.
- BesselJ automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988Updated in 1999