plots the basis tree of wavelet matrix coefficients in the DiscreteWaveletData dwd.
plots coefficients up to refinement level r.
applies func to coefficients before plotting.
Details and Options
- WaveletMatrixPlot generates a single plot using a pyramid of matrix plots.
- WaveletMatrixPlot[dwd] is equivalent to WaveletMatrixPlot[dwd,Automatic], corresponding to the basis of coefficients used in the InverseWaveletTransform.
- The wavelet indices used in the Automatic setting are given by dwd["BasisIndex"].
- The dwd should be generated from matrix data and produced by DiscreteWaveletTransform, DiscreteWaveletPacketTransform, or LiftingWaveletTransform.
- WaveletMatrixPlot[dwd,r] plots basis coefficients up to refinement level r when dwd comes from DiscreteWaveletTransform or LiftingWaveletTransform.
- WaveletMatrixPlot[dwd,r] plots all coefficients at refinement level r when dwd comes from DiscreteWaveletPacketTransform.
- In WaveletMatrixPlot[dwd,r,func], each func[coefi,windi] should yield an array with the same dimensions as coefi.
- WaveletMatrixPlot has the same options as MatrixPlot, with the following additions and changes:
Axes True whether to draw axes Frame None whether to draw a frame FrameTicks Automatic where to draw frame ticks GridLines Automatic whether to draw grid lines PerformanceGoal $PerformanceGoal aspects of performance to try to optimize PlotLayout Automatic what layout to use for the plot
- Possible settings for PlotLayout include: "Pyramid" and "Grid".
- With the setting GridLines->Automatic, grid lines are drawn between adjacent coefficient matrices.
- The Automatic setting for Ticks and FrameTicks draws ticks corresponding to refinement levels.
- With the setting Method->"InverseTransform", the inverse transform of each coefficient array will be plotted.
- WaveletMatrixPlot returns a Graphics object.