plots wavelet transform coefficients corresponding to the wavelet index specification wind.
applies func to coefficients before plotting.
Details and Options
- WaveletListPlot works for DiscreteWaveletData coming from 1D array data.
- The wavelet index specification wind is the same as used by DiscreteWaveletData.
- WaveletListPlot[dwd] is equivalent to WaveletListPlot[dwd,Automatic].
- WaveletListPlot has the same options as ListPlot, with the following additions and changes:
AspectRatio Automatic ratio of height to width Joined True whether to join points Method Automatic what method to use PlotLayout "CommonXAxis" what layout to use for the plot PlotRange All range of values to include
- Possible settings for PlotLayout include: "CommonXAxis" and "CommonYAxis".
- With the setting "CommonXAxis", coefficients are plotted against a common horizontal axis where the independent axes are separately scaled to occupy the same amount of vertical space.
- With the setting "CommonYAxis", coefficients are plotted using a common vertical axis where the independent axes are separately scaled to occupy the same amount of horizontal space.
- Ticks and FrameTicks have the following settings with special interpretations in the direction perpendicular to the common axis:
Automatic refinement level Full full wavelet index
- With the setting Method->"InverseTransform", the inverse transform of each coefficient array will be plotted.
- WaveletListPlot returns a Graphics object.
Examplesopen allclose all
Basic Examples (1)
Plot multiple DiscreteWaveletData objects together:
Using Filling to highlight the differences:
With multiple DiscreteWaveletData objects, each object is colored distinctly:
With a single DiscreteWaveletData object, each coefficient is colored distinctly:
Plot DiscreteWaveletPacketTransform coefficients:
Generalizations & Extensions (1)
By default, Re is applied:
Feature Detection (4)
Use PlotLayout->"CommonXAxis" to identify structure, such as edges in coefficients:
Use PlotLayout->"CommonYAxis" to compare scale of coefficients:
Plot multiple sets of coefficients on the same WaveletListPlot:
Properties & Relations (5)
WaveletListPlot plots vector wavelet coefficients with a common horizontal or vertical axis:
WaveletBestBasis selects a different default tree of coefficients:
WaveletScalogram plots vector coefficients with numerical magnitude indicated by color:
WaveletMatrixPlot plots matrix wavelet coefficients in a hierarchical grid:
WaveletImagePlot shows image wavelet coefficients in a hierarchical grid:
Wolfram Research (2010), WaveletListPlot, Wolfram Language function, https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/WaveletListPlot.html (updated 2014).
Wolfram Language. 2010. "WaveletListPlot." Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Wolfram Research. Last Modified 2014. https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/WaveletListPlot.html.
Wolfram Language. (2010). WaveletListPlot. Wolfram Language & System Documentation Center. Retrieved from https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/WaveletListPlot.html